There are several issues to be aware of when adding to and/or upgrading existing systems. Controller Memory and Firmware versions and Software revisions must be reviewed. The simple scalability of a DSX system offers the flexibility to start with a small system and grow that system to a global enterprise system with a vast range of integration and custom applications. Please use the information below to ensure that your system addition or upgrade occurs smoothly.
Software Update prep
1. If you have questions about system expansion and compatibility, DSX Technical Support is available for consultation at no charge . Utilizing this service can save frustration, time and expense. System information outlined below will be required to answer questions. DSX Technical Support (800-346-5288) Calling from the Job Site is the easiest way to have all information needed for review. If you cannot call from the Job Site, please gather the following information before the call.
2. DSX Site Survey: CLick on the document link on the right side of the page.
3. Software Version: found under Help/About WinDSX in the Database program
4. Device Report: a. In the Database program under Reports, Device Report, select the location of interest and click on “Device Summary” and print. b. Older versions of software may not have the Device Summary option in Reports. In this case, go to the Workstation program under Devices, select the first device, right click and select “Device Summary”. Print Screen or document all information.
5. Memory Layout Summary a. In Workstation/Devices, select the first device, right click and select “Memory Layout Summary” Print Screen or document all information. This information will reveal the current memory requirements for existing controllers. This information is vital to calculate the memory needed for the addition of new controllers. This memory calculation can be done by DSX Technical Support, or there is a Calcmem program provided on the WinDSX distribution media.
6. Win DSX Upgrade instructions and WinDSX SQL Upgrade instructions are available at the right of this page. The instructions include configuration changes and implementation of the new USB Software Key.
Hard Ware Upgrades
Time Zone Linking (Threat Level Management)
Faster Download Times
Government PIV FIPs 201 Card Compatibility
Requirements for New Features:
1040 Series Controllers must be running firmware V3166 or higher
1032 Controllers must be upgraded with 1030PR5 processors run firmware 3166 or higher
1021 Controllers should be replaced with 1022 Controllers
Government PIV FIPs 201 Card Compatibility requires WinDSX SQL version of software
Mixed Controller Systems:
When adding newer 1040 Series and 1022 Controllers to existing systems with 1030 Series and 1021 Controllers, the following guidelines must be followed:
1. Master Controller must be a newer controller (1040 Series or 1022)
2. 1030 Series and 1021 must be used as Sub controllers
3. 1040 Series and 1022 Controllers require a minimum firmware V3080
4. Install latest flash program and firmware version to the new controllers and DSX-LAN modules
5. Check your software media or contact DSX Technical Support for the latest flash program and firmware.
Troubleshooting: Bad Card Reads after Upgrade:
Controllers with firmware versions below V3080 may experience bad card reads after upgrading. Note /// If the U7 on the processor board is identified as 74HC04, a replacement processor is required. If the reader stops working and you are not getting bad card reads, the Problem is most likely in the implementation of Stacked Device Types .
Updating DSX-LAN-D and DSX-IP-Hub
Use these instructions to Flash Update the IP-Hub and LAN-D devices. LAN-D/IP-Hub Flash Instructions